Beyond its traditional role in delivering information and resources, the MPIfG library provides an extensive range of other services and offerings to support the Institute and its researchers.
Our library services include
- managing acquisitions, curating, and archiving scientific information from all types of publication and media formats associated with the Institute's main research interests,
- responding to researchers' literature requests, including book orders and interlibrary loans,
- licensing electronic media and data,
- introduction to library and database research,
- raising the visibility of MPIfG researchers' publications by curating media in the MPG's institutional repository,
- information and guidance on open access,
- support and training on reference management software, and
- support with research data.